The new school year is about to begin, and the Watsonville Public Library is here to support students. Here are some of the services we are offering:
- We are able to issue e-library cards! Simply apply online and you will be contacted within 24 hours with the access information!
- We have introductory tutorial videos for searching our library catalog and electronic databases so that teachers can easily share them with their online classrooms.
- Students and teachers are able to check out physical materials! Students will need an individual library card to check out these materials. If they don’t have a library card; they can apply online. A Staff member will contact the student within 24 hours on how to access information and pick up their card during curbside hours.
- Teachers and students are able to request materials for pickup via the AskALibrarian link on the library website, by phone at (831) 768-3404 or in-person during curbside hours.
- The Main Library offers curbside service: Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 12-5 pm, and Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12-7 pm.
- Our children’s and teen librarians are available to schedule virtual meetings with teachers to provide information literacy instruction, navigating electronic databases, and Readers Advisory (book talks!).
- All secondary schools (middle and high schools) have been issued library card numbers to allow teachers to access our digital collections remotely. These numbers should allow the entire class to access materials simultaneously. The Library Media Technicians at each school site have the cards or you can email teen librarian hannah.clement@
cityofwatsonville.org directly and she will give you the correct access code.